Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Grumblings ... (!)

Oh I don't feel so good, and I'm sick of it! Came back from a wonderful 5-day event with Maharaji at Amaroo about 10 days ago (bringing with me various overseas visitors!) and promptly got sick with an awful cold, and of course a cough! Dragged myself to the last choir practice of term (and for me it's the last until I return from overseas in November) - well, I couldn't miss it could I?! I hope I didn't spread my germs, but I may have ... sigh. My overseas guests departed on Wednesday and since then I have been hunkered down trying to rest and get better. I keep thinking I'm on the mend and then the next day I'm back where I was. At least the cough is a lot better now.

I went to a 10am yoga class on Sunday and managed to get through to navasana. Felt fairly good after that, but yesterday when the alarm went off I turned it off and went back to sleep! No 7am yoga for me then. So I was determined to go this morning. Alarm went off at 5.30, and then the next thing I knew it was 6am and I had to leave within 20 minutes if I was going! So I dragged myself out of bed, discovered my lower back was not feeling great but thought a shower would fix that. When I arrived at the shala I realised it hadn't fixed it, and I ended up having to do a very restricted practice. When I got to seated I talked to Christian about it. He told me to just concentrate on the breath, not worry about doing poses fully or binding, vinyasas or anything. And just do what felt good. So that's what I did and in fact it was really nice. I went from worrying about how far I could push myself before it started to hurt, to just enjoying the breath (!) and about 25% of forward bending!

But now I'm home again and definitely not feeling 100%. And it's actually really difficult trying to do the 'final preparations' for an overseas trip when I have umpteen things to do, but zero energy or enthusiasm to do any of them! It has even crossed my mind to wonder what would happen if I just cancelled it all! Of course I'm not going to do that (unless things go seriously awry!) but kind of shows the state of mind I'm in!! At least my first stop is Dena's workshop in Bali, so at worst I can just do the class and then collapse each day. I've done that before!! And of course, this is all 10 days away. I surely must be better by then ... !!!!!

(( fingers crossed! ))

0 comments:

 

designer : anniebluesky : www.bloggeruniversity.blogspot.com

graphics : VLADSTUDIO : www.vladstudio.com